Dr. Montessori believed that the goal of early childhood education should be to cultivate the child's natural desire to learn, rather than simply fill the child's brain with facts. With this philosophy as a guide, our approach at Land of Lakes Montessori School includes the following practices:
- Each child experiences the excitement of learning driven by his own choices rather than by a standard curriculum.
- Our Montessori Certified Teachers help the child perfect his natural tools for learning. The child utilizes these tools in maximizing his future learning situations.
- The Montessori classroom is geared to the size, space and interests of children between the ages of three and six. The calm and peaceful classrooms are equipped with specially designed tools which support a variety of subjects through sensorial means. The classroom is designed to put the child at ease by giving him freedom of choice in an environment prepared with attractive materials. These materials are arranged on low shelves within easy reach of even the smallest child.
- Montessori children are exposed to Practical Life exercises, Math, Language, Cultural studies, Drama, Spanish, Music, and Art from a young age. The Montessori child learns at an individual pace and level in a multi-aged classroom. This environment allows younger students to learn by observing older students and the older children gain confidence as they assist in the development and education of the younger students.
- The constant re-enforcement of lessons mutually aids in the development of self-confidence and leadership.
The Elementary program expands upon the principles that began in the primary program.
- Our Certified Montessori Elementary Teachers help each child reach his or her full potential in all areas of life.
- Children do not learn by rote memorization, but rather by cognitive and sensorial means.
- The elementary class is warm and inviting, allowing the child to fully experience the joy of learning.
- The classroom is divided into areas such as Mathematics, Language, Culture, and Computers.
- Students also participate in enrichment subjects such as Drama, P.E, Spanish, Art, Music, Science, coupled with grace and courtesy principles.
"I just wanted to let you know how much we love Land of Lakes Montessori. This is our daughter's third year at Land of Lakes and each year has been a more fulfilling experience than the prior for our daughter and for us. The curriculum challenges her, so she is never bored. She is excited to go to school and looks forward to new challenges everyday. She is constantly telling us about new things she is learning each week. She looks forward to her weekly piano lessons. We love that music is an option in her curriculum with Land of Lakes. I just wanted to take this moment to personally thank you and let you know how happy my husband and I are and what a wonderful job you and your staff at Land of Lakes Montessori are doing."
Sheryl & Doug Gignac
Elementary (1st-5th Grade)
Land of Lakes Montessori School, 1650 Oakley Seaver Dr. Clermont, FL 34711